Social media has been pivotal in the growth of many businesses. It has brought brands and their customers to a virtual marketplace, making business an easy affair. With media platforms, the online business owner now has better flexibility and organizational control and can make profits seamlessly.
When you’ve had a social media account for a long time, it’s easy to overlook certain aspects because you don’t understand them. You don’t want to be the person who has wonderful tools but never uses them.
To help you become more productive and creative with your media spaces, this article will highlight some social media hacks that you may have overlooked. These hacks have the potential to drive your social media accounts to the corridors of high traffic.
Let’s get to it!
7 Social Media Growth Hacks You Should Know
Hack #1: Measure Your Social Media Analytics
Social media marketing involves a lot of strategies and processes. The only way to know what is working and what is not working for your account is through analytics. Analyzing your social media performance and growth rate will take you back to your drawing board and help you re-strategise.
Analytics help you understand your target audience and give you insight into what generates more traffic. Without these, you can’t improve your products and meet your customers’ needs perfectly.
You can assess social media performance using social media analytic tools. We categorize these analytic tools into two:
- In-built analytic tool: most social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have in-built analytic tools to help their users track performance.
- Third-party analytic tools: these are tools outside of the social media platforms that users can use to calculate account performance. Some third-party analytic tools you can try are:
- Social Status
- Rival IQ
- Google Analytics
- Agorapulse etc.
Hack #2: Keep A Social Media Calendar
A social media calendar is an outline of your future social media posts and activities. It is basically an organizer that’ll help you plan and keep track of all your activities. You can use tools like Google Calendar, Google spreadsheet, Trello etc.
Planning your social media activities will help you stay productive and effective. It will also reduce stress. To Create a social media calendar, use these tips:
- Create a list of upcoming festivities and special days common to your target audience and make goodwill posts.
- Make a list of hashtags that you can always use for your posts.
- Create theme-based content and post them in series to keep your audience interested.
- Do research on when your audience is most active across the different social media platforms. Use this information to post content right when your target audience is online.
Part of keeping a social media calendar includes scheduling your posts. You can draw up a plan for content creation, create quality content and schedule them to post automatically. This will make your life so much easier while increasing your productivity.
When you are able to keep up with your social media activities, you will post the content your audience wants to see. With time,your organizational skill will help you do more and increase your traffic.
Hack #3: Use The Right Social Media For Your Brand
Since you know the benefits of having your business online, you may want to simply jump onto any social media platform. However, the goal isn’t to get your brand on every available platform, the goal is to increase your brand awareness and make more sales.
To achieve this, you need a platform that houses a good number of your target audience. Then, you can start creating content that’ll draw more Instagram followers and make your brand popular.
You shouldn’t amass a large audience of people that don’t need your products or services. That’s why it’s important to choose your social spaces wisely. To find the right social media platform for your brand, take a look at these tips:
- Use the platform(s) that houses your target audience. For example, if your target audience is a younger demographic, Snapchat and TikTok should be part of your options.
- Employ the social media that suits your brand personality. If your brand needs to showcase products and services, Instagram is a great choice.
- Consider the social media platforms that are free or don’t require much money to use if your budget is low.
Hack #4: Use Plugins And Add Your Social Media Feeds To Your Website
If you own a blog or website, this hack will help build a bridge between your blog and social media.
Making your content shareable is a sure way of shooting up traffic. And this is where plugins come in handy. Plugins are software additions that let you customize web browsers, computer programs, blogs and website contents.
By including social media plugins in your blog or website posts, you’ve created an avenue for making your social media posts more visible. As such, your social account accessibility and traffic will increase. These social media sharing buttons will also encourage visitors to share your content on social media platforms.
Apart from using plugins to create sharing buttons, you can add your social media feeds to your website by embedding them.
Hack #5: Cross-share Your Content Across Social Media Platforms
Another growth hack is to share your content on different social media platforms. This will increase your reach and make sure that your target audience sees your content regardless of the social media they use.
For example, It is possible to share your Instagram post on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. Instagram has a feature where you can share content simultaneously on these other platforms as you upload the content on Instagram. Simply link all these other accounts to your Instagram and activate the settings while making an Instagram post.
Another way to cross-share content is by posting snippets of your YouTube videos on Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and other platforms that support short video content. Also, if you have an emailing list, you can ask your subscribers to follow you on social media.
Hack #6: Pay Attention To Each Of Your Social Media Platforms
Each social media platform is unique. Therefore, what works on one platform may not work on the other. If you operate different social media accounts, you should study them and understand how each one of them functions. Know the different tools and features available to each one.
You will be operating erroneously if you just mindlessly make posts without understanding how best the algorithms can work for you.
If you find it tasking to operate more than one account, you should get an extra hand. Employ the services of a social media manager to help you out. Also, Plan out a social media strategy for each platform before you start.
Hack #7: Be Big On Communities
Social media is a world on its own. It creates opportunities for people to meet and benefit from one another mutually. So, joining a Social media community is a good idea. Why? People in your community can follow you. And because these are people that are interested in your niche, they’ll connect with your content more. There are two ways of leveraging communities:
- Join niche-specific communities: There are Facebook groups, Instagram engagement pods, Twitter spaces etc., where you can meet people in your industry and help each other grow.
- Build your brand community: Here, you create a community where you can interact with your followers and friends. To build your community, create branded hashtags and run contests or giveaways. If your community is loyal to your brand, members will share your content and help you generate traffic.
Social media is a valuable and productive tool only in the hands of those who know how to use it. You will skyrocket traffic to your social media if you apply these growth hacks. Also, there is still so much to learn from social media, so sit up, do some research, and grow!