L&I stands for labor and industries insurance that covers insurance of the people who have been hurt on the job. This includes medical care, permanent partial disability, time loss, and many more. People can claim the L&I coverage with the help of an L&I lawyer.
According to national security estimates, approx 4.6 million people get hurt on the job due to someone else’s mistakes and sometimes themselves. While some of the injuries are minor like small cuts, body aches, etc. whereas some can be major such as disability, fracture, etc. that can put you off the job for a couple of weeks or months.
The Washington state department of L&I is a state administrative agency that regulates and provides insurance benefits to the employee who has been injured on the job. For more information, you can continue reading L&I FAQs.
Who is expected for L&I insurance?
For any employee, coverage is essential and your employer is mandatory to pay for this. Many workers have L&I insurance coverage even if you think you haven’t filled it.
- In Washington state, every employee is covered by the L&I plan even if your employer says you’re not. Well, most employers make a false claim to an employee that he/she is not covered by L&I. Your job is to stay stress-free, as every employee is covered by L&I coverage.
- If you’re thinking you’re not a citizen of Washington so L&I claims may not cover you. Then you’re thinking wrong.
The pros of having under L&I insurance
The labor and industries insurance claims can cover the following claims:
- Medical coverage
- Travel compensation
How you can claim the L&I insurance claim?
If you want to file a labor and industries insurance claim against your employer then here are the steps you would need to follow.
- First, you should consult with your doctor about the severity of the damage. Then get medical reports of your injuries and proper accident form.
- Get the claim form and fill in all the details they wanted to know. And your employer also needs to fill that form.
- Once the form is completed, you can send it to the labor and industries department.
How to hire an L&I attorney for compensation?
If you think you can’t manage things yourself then hiring an L&I attorney can be beneficial for you in many ways. The very first reason to hire an attorney is you do not know how to file a claim and what documents are needed to get compensation.
If you want to hire L&I attorney help then we must recommend you hire only professionals and experienced attorneys who know how to deal with your problem and help you to get the best compensation without wasting much time.