Hair powder is an incredible styling product that boosts volume and creates great texture while giving a matte finish. You sprinkle the powder on the hair roots, scrunch your hair to achieve a trendy, relaxed and achieve a head-turning volume. It’s easy to apply and distribute throughout the hair and therefore great if you’re the kind that don’t want to spend lots of time in the mirror. With it, you can revive your hairstyle without washing your hair.
But what’s a styling powder?
Also known as texturizing powder, the mattifying powder is a dust-like product that you apply to the hair roots to create texture and volume. You can apply it on the go. It often comes with a pocket-size shaker, making its application super- easy.
It’s lightweight and allows you to style without weighing down your hair. It’s one of the quickest and easiest to pump up the volume and refresh your hair when you don’t feel like washing it. The most common ingredient in the hair powder is silica and sometimes rice powder. The ingredients are comprised of rough particles that increase the friction in the hair strands and generate texture and a full look.
Benefits of using hair styling powder
Hair powder absorbs the oil in the hair, making it dry, and that helps a second-day hair look fresh in humidity.
- Applying it lifts the hair instantly to create a choppy texture and a desirable look.
- That unruly hair is perfectly controlled and easily styled without weighing it down.
- Once applied, you have a trendy matte finish, and you’ve such a full and puffy look that will make you outstanding.
- With hair powder, you can easily rework your hair and switch to your style any time you wish.
- The powder adds fullness and bounce to thin hair. The micro-particles fluff the hair and thus add volume without the need for blow-drying or teasing. All you need is to apply it where volume is needed.
How do you use the hair powder to style your hair?
You have now made up your mind that hairstyling powder is your thing, but are you still scratching your head on how to use it? This article has got your back. Keep reading.
Applying hair powder is not a “Rocket Science” kind of activity. It’s super-easy to apply. You’ll only need a small amount, and you have a sexy style.
- Sprinkle the hair powder lightly on your hair
- Apply directly to the hair roots to absorb excess oil and achieve instant lift.
- Spread the powder throughout the hair to create the texture that you desire.
- Scrunch your hair with your hands to revive a day-old style without washing.
Styles and tips of the hair powder styling
To create mega volume, hold your head upside down, then apply the powder, trade your pomade for the powder to create a ‘piecey’ shaggy effect. Use it with a texturizing spray to bring out that sexy choppiness.
Hair powder is easy to use, and remember “less is more”- you can always sprinkle the more you need. Just make the right choice of powder from a reputable shop and apply it consistently and in the right procedure. The hairstyling powder gives you amazing results.