So, to open an online store on one of the popular marketplaces is only half the battle. Sellers need to develop a sales strategy and provide prompt feedback and delivery. Most of the difficulties arise at the stages of order management, and if you sell simultaneously on several sites, the problems will increase significantly.
Order management: the common problems
- Systematization is the lack of a clear structure in the assortment when goods are randomly mixed and not sorted by key criteria (size, colour, seasonality, materials, models, etc.).
- Transparency is the lack of up-to-date data on goods, their basic characteristics, appearance, availability in the warehouse.
- Delivery is a long process of forming an order, the lack of an established relationship with logistics companies that guarantee fast transportation.
- Flexibility is when it is no clear delineation of functionality between sales channels and distribution of tasks in departments.
All difficulties in one way or another slow down sales and reduce customer satisfaction and even lead to sanctions. For example, Amazon’s e-commerce system deprives unsuccessful sellers from search rankings.
Inventory management and their challenges and solutions
- During the work with only one supplier, you will become dependent on a single partner, and all his problems will automatically affect your business. Expand your supplier list and reduce the likelihood of risks.
- Buying a large batch at the start – if you do not have sufficient sales experience, you risk not selling all products and remain at a loss. Then order small consignments of goods from several categories. This way you will orient yourself in demand and adjust future purchases.
- Running out of stock in a warehouse. This is the opposite situation when a customer is ready to place an order, but there is no product in stock. Keep in touch with partners, check delivery dates, take into account holidays and always have a buffer stock at hand.
All of these problems can be avoided with Multiorders inventory and order management software. The program allows you to integrate several sales channels into a single system and manage them from one panel. It itself will tell you when stocks run out in the warehouse, help you to quickly form orders and track its implementation at all stages from the warehouse to the client. Customers will be satisfied and your store’s profits will grow.
Leave a Reply