Single women often represent a susceptible group in a dynamic and crazy world challenged by diverse vices, especially high crime levels. Crime comprises one of the most predominant paper subjects, and this includes papers on the https://termpapereasy.com/ and other similar sites.
Homes, especially in South Africa, form the perfect targets for crime syndicates out to injure individuals and steal valuables.
It thus comes as no surprise to find carjacking and home invasion as the top safety concerns for people in the country. Criminals will attack unsuspecting targets at home or when leaving or arriving at their premises.
Because of this, what can single ladies staying alone do to foil and defend themselves from such crimes?
Security Guidelines for Single Ladies at Home
- Pick an area that proves safer. It always ranks among the top safety guidelines for ladies living alone to pick a house in an area considered safe. So it’s crucial to do your due diligence about the area before buying or renting a house in the location. Check the crime rate, general security, and the kind of neighbors around the property.
- The security system of the home. It proves ideal to buy and install security cameras in your home to reduce the chances of burglar attacks. Statistics back this up by showing an eighty-eight percent reduction in burglar attacks in homes secured by CCTV’s. You can then track each activity within and around the house on your computer or smartphone.
- Shut all the house’s doors. A burglar gains access from the least expected gateway, and as such, you should always endeavor to lock every door. It’s best to ensure the house doors prove locked when inside the house or while at work. Further, try to always seek and verify identification before allowing a stranger to through the door.
- Take care of everything you end up posting online. Well, the allure and excitement of going for a vacation can get so strong at times. However, try and avoid sharing such information on your social handles to avoid announcing your absence to potential burglars. Additionally, avoid giving out any hints that you stay alone in the apartment or home.
- Emergency exit strategy. You have to develop an exit plan in anticipation of the worst. For instance, in scenarios of fire outbreaks or whenever someone breaks in. It should have the escape route and the safety nest where you can reach out for help, among others. Such a plan will not only ensure you get prepared but keep panic at bay when the time comes.
- Curtains. Always draw your curtains when venturing out to reduce any successful chance for peeping toms or burglars. It’s also crucial to draw them close at night to avoid strangers peeking inside the house.
- Make your garden tidy to avoid potential hiding places for thieves.
- Always adjust your routine to confuse burglars who have a penchant for following your routines to take advantage and rob you clean.
- Finally, stay vigilant at all times.
You only need to follow the outlined guidelines to avoid and foil burglar attempts on you. Further, such routines can also expand your sense of safety and security as a lady staying alone.