Wallpapering, which was formerly considered a path less travelled, has grown more popular among the average homeowner. In the meanwhile, if you’re new to the world of wallpaper, you’re probably wondering how to navigate through the apparently infinite choices to find the wallpaper that best expresses you and your personality. And, after you’ve got the ideal rolls in your hands, what should you do with them next?
The wallpaper company Love Vs. Design explains that after you’ve decided to go with wallpaper, you’ll need to answer a few stylistic questions about your new wall coverings. She provides the following suggestions.
- Wallpaper to Complement the Decor of the Room
- First and foremost, think about the style of the space you’re decorating:
- If you’re looking for something romantic, delicate damasks and flowers with fine lines in subdued, pastel hues can do the trick. With Love Vs. Design you get a lot of options to choose from.
- If you want something easy and informal, imitation finishes like beadboard and stucco are good choices. In addition, combining beadboard wallpaper with black and white removable wallpaper creates a comfortable, at-home atmosphere.
- If you want something modern and fashion-forward, try strong geometrics with high gloss and metallic elements as your design. Love Vs. Design has the perfect combination.
- If you want something more classic, complex damasks patterns of Love Vs. Design’s and stripes are a great choice since they go well with traditional furniture and décor.
Next, decide how you want to incorporate the wallpaper into the design of the space. All styles do not function in the same manner. The different alternatives are as follows:
Cover the whole four-wall area. Incorporating a classic and basic stripe pattern into a horizontal layout on all four walls creates a new and modern appearance. Big, basic designs will not overwhelm a space, but they will give a contemporary touch to space.
One wall should be the focal point. Select a dramatic, strong design to draw attention to a specific part of a room, such as the space behind a couch or bed. Designs that include a tinge of metallic, mica, or gloss will have a more refined and elegant appearance.
With a chair rail, you may dress up your wallpaper. Using a chair rail to partition a wall makes it simple to create a piece of furniture with a distinct personality and appeal. Use paintable beadboard wallpaper beneath the chair rail to get a vintage appearance. Hang a large-scale floral or damask pattern over the chair rail to give the room a fresh appearance. Using a chair rail to support a wall with a pattern below it, such as dramatic damask wallpaper, and painting the wall above it in a matching color is another intriguing option to decorate. The use of wallpaper in this manner adds a distinct element of surprise to a space that is not frequently seen in other settings.
With Love Vs. Design wallpapers, you can create your identity in a way that suits your personal style.